WINTER WEATHER TIPS
With the weather we have had lately we want to ensure you have a few tips to help prevent pipes from freezing and to keep your home toasty warm for the season.
In order to avoid frozen pipes which can lead to burst pipes and damage to your home and personal property, we ask that you follow a few simple steps:
• Please never turn your heat off, even when on vacation. Heat should always be set for 65 degrees overnight and while away.
• Disconnect your outside hose from the spigot.
• If you use your hose during the winter, only do so when the temps are above freezing and make sure you disconnect as soon as you are finished.
• It is a good idea to keep a slow drip coming from your sink and tub faucets overnight or while away, and to keep cabinets underneath your sinks open to allow warm air to reach the pipes.
• If you have a basement, please utilize the pallets by placing major items on them such as washing machines and dryers.
• Please call out work order department at 915-564-0459 to report any problems such as water not coming out of a faucet. This could be a sign of a pipe ready to burst.
• Remember to bring in your pets during below freezing and cold temperatures.
Please call our Community Offices at 916-564-0795, we will be happy to assist you at any time.